Summer is just around the corner, and with a little preparation, your family can have fun and get a lot done. How? Check out our handy Summer Checklist for Families.
Summer Checklist for Families
• Start planning your summer vacation now! It’s easier to get deals on flights and hotels when you book months ahead of time.
• Make activity boxes for rainy days and quiet time. Get a large bin and have your child fill it up with favorite ‘quiet time’ activities like puzzles, art projects, Legos, etc. As a reward for independent play, your child can choose new activities/toys from a store throughout the summer.
• Empty your child’s backpack, and file important information like report cards.
• Make a Goodwill run and donate clothes and uniforms that no longer fit your child.
• Want to save all of your child’s artwork but don’t have room? Take photos so you have an electronic file. You can even print a photo book of your favorites!
• Check to be sure that last year’s life jackets, bathing suits, baseball uniforms, and cleats, etc., still fit your children.
• Make a grab-n-go box. There are some things we use a lot more during hot months: sunscreen, bug spray, water bottles, pool towels to name a few. Fill up a container with these things and keep them in an area where you can grab what you need and go! You can create a similar container for your car.
• Restock your home and car first aid kit.