All About Dehumidifiers
During warm summer days, many homeowners grapple with the discomfort of high humidity levels within their homes. Humidity, the amount of water vapor in the air, often increases during the hotter months, leading to various issues such as discomfort, mold growth, dampness, and poor indoor air quality. A solution to this problem can come from installing a dehumidifier. A dehumidifier is designed to regulate humidity levels by removing excess moisture from the air. This blog post will explore why installing a dehumidifier this summer could be a game-changer and signs it’s needed.
What Does a Dehumidifier Do?
A dehumidifier is an essential device for controlling the humidity levels in a home. Dehumidifiers remove excess moisture from the air, which makes it easier to keep cool and increases home comfort. Dehumidifiers come in various sizes and types, but all work in the same basic way.
A dehumidifier works by pulling in warm, moist air and passing it over an evaporator coil. The coil has a cold surface that causes moisture to condense out of the air and drip into a storage tank. As the air passes over the cool coil, it is cooled and returned back into the room at lower humidity levels.
Indicators That a Dehumidifier May Be Necessary
There are some signs that homeowners should know about that indicate high humidity and the need for a dehumidifier. Some common signs of high humidity in a home are:
- Condensation: If there is condensation on the windows, this is a sign of too much humidity in the house.
- Musty Smells: If the house smells a bit musty, this can indicate high humidity.
- Mold and Mildew: Mold and mildew grow and thrive in damp environments and high humidity.
- Discomfort: If people in the home can’t seem to get comfortable, it can be a sign of high humidity.
Benefits of a Whole House Dehumidifier
There are many advantages to using a whole-home dehumidifier in conjunction with a home’s air conditioning system. They include:
- It leads to better indoor air quality and helps reduce allergens.
- It helps the AC work more efficiently.
- It makes the home more comfortable.
- It helps reduce the chances of mold and mildew growth.
- It protects belongings, walls, and floors from damage due to high humidity and moisture.
About Stuart Pro Heating & Air
Stuart Pro Heating & Air is a family-owned and operated business serving Buford and the surrounding communities. They provide upfront and flat rate pricing, on-time arrivals, and a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Call them today for dehumidifier installation and repair services in Buford, GA.