During the heat of summer, your house’s HVAC system is already working overtime to keep you cool. So why not give it an extra advantage?
We’ve compiled some tips you can use to help fend off those blazing hot rays of sun.
1. Use ceiling fans to increase airflow.
2. Keep doors and windows tightly shut (your kids may need a constant reminder of this!).
3. Close blinds and drapes during the day.
4. Replace light bulbs with CFL or LED bulbs as regular light bulbs emit more heat (and turn off the lights when you leave the room).
5. Use your oven sparingly. When possible, grill or prepare meals meant to be eaten cold.
6. Replace leaky windows. If that’s not in the budget, then repair gaps or seal them with weather stripping.
7. Change your air conditioner’s filter. During summer, you’ll want to change it more often, say every month.
8. Don’t run the dryer, dishwasher, etc. during the middle of the day; use cold water with clothes; and clean your dryer vent.
Stuart Pro Heating & Air is OPEN and closely monitoring the status of the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
The Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency has issued federal guidance to states and municipalities regarding “essential” work. Based on their definitions, the activities conducted by an HVAC installation and service company are considered essential.
We are taking every precaution to keep our employees and customers safe during these uncertain times, such as wearing shoe covers and latex gloves, sanitizing hands and tools before each job, and maintaining a social distance – no signature required. Payment by phone is also an option if needed. So, if you have any service or maintenance needs, please call us right away. We are here for you!