It’s hot and humid and your HVAC unit is working overtime. Do you have a nagging feeling your unit is struggling to keep up or are you just wondering how to know it’s time to replace? Here are five signs.
1. It’s past the decade mark. (The average lifespan of an HVAC unit is 15 years.) Units that are 10 years old and older can start to wear out.
2. Repairs are becoming more frequent and more costly. At this point, it’s probably more cost effective to replace the unit (and more energy efficient!).
3. The air coming out of your vents isn’t the right temperature or isn’t blowing forcefully enough. This is a sign something’s not right – there’s a problem with leaky ducts, you’re leaking freon, etc.
4. It uses R22 Freon, which is being phased out and has become even more costly to replace. Eventually you’ll have to buy a new unit anyway and if you keep the old one limping along, you may spend more than if you replaced it now.
5. Your energy bill has increased. That’s always a good sign something is up.
If you’re dealing with any of these issues or others, give our experts a call at 770-813-1316 or schedule an appointment today.
Stuart Pro Heating & Air is OPEN and closely monitoring the status of the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
The Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency has issued federal guidance to states and municipalities regarding “essential” work. Based on their definitions, the activities conducted by an HVAC installation and service company are considered essential.
We are taking every precaution to keep our employees and customers safe during these uncertain times, such as wearing shoe covers and latex gloves, sanitizing hands and tools before each job, and maintaining a social distance – no signature required. Payment by phone is also an option if needed. So, if you have any service or maintenance needs, please call us right away. We are here for you!