Whether you’re hosting a Labor Day party, a game day party or just a fun get-together, you don’t have to break the bank or spend all week prepping. We’ve rounded up some ideas to make your event less “eventful”.
- 1. Plan ahead. Choose make-ahead recipes so on party day all you have to do is pop them in the oven or pull them out of the fridge. Also, consider cooking one large type of meat rather than 30 hamburgers or 50 hot dogs. You can also buy a fruit, veggie or cheese tray from your local grocery store.
- 2. Keep it simple. Yes, you can make it look Instagram worthy, if that’s your thing, or you can focus on a few simple elements. Flowers from the yard in vases or jars. Coordinating paper plates, napkins, cups, etc. A drink table and a food/dessert table. A simple string of Christmas lights adds ambiance to any deck, porch or backyard.
- 3. Keep it fun! Cornhole, KanJam, horseshoes, playing cards and other games get people mingling and laughing together.
- 4. Ask for help. Have friends bring the drinks, appetizers or desserts. That’s one less thing you have to worry about.
- 5. Don’t sweat it. The simple act of hospitality means more than having a picture-perfect backyard or custom drink options. Enjoy your guests and the opportunity to make them feel at home.