This Labor Day, take your barbecue sandwiches to the next level with our Stuart Pro Cajun Seasoning! This tasty recipe with a touch of cajun adds just the right amount of kick. Try it out and let us know what you think!
Southern Pulled Pork
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 pounds boneless pork roast
- 1 tablespoon Stuart Pro Cajun seasoning (If you don’t have our Stuart Cajun Seasoning, ask one of our friendly technicians for a bottle.)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
Prep – 30 minutes
Cook – 6 hours
- Cut the pork roast into large chunks. Season generously with the Cajun seasoning. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and brown on all sides. Remove from the skillet, and transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook for a few minutes until tender. Stir in the water scraping the bottom to include all of the browned pork bits from the bottom of the pan. Then pour the whole mixture into the slow cooker with the pork. Stir in liquid smoke flavoring.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours, or until meat is falling apart when pierced with a fork. Remove pieces of pork from the slow cooker and shred. Return to the slow cooker to keep warm while serving.
Recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com/recipe/72194/southern-pulled-pork/?internalSource=hub%20recipe&referringId=1128&referringContentType=recipe%20hub&clickId=cardslot%2013