Summer vacation is quickly slipping away. Before school starts back, make some extras memories with your kids! Already done the movies, Stone Mountain, the mall, Mayfield Dairy, swimming, Yellow River Game Ranch and other “typical” fun? You’re in luck. Here are some ideas a bit out of the ordinary!
1. Blue Ridge Scenic Railway – This 26-mile round trip winds along the beautiful Toccoa River in vintage, climate-controlled or open-air rail cars and includes layovers in quaint towns.
2. Caving at Cloudland Canyon – Children ages six and up will love this! They’ll get to crawl in the mud, climb on rocks and walk through the river throughout the tour.
3. Snorkel in the basin – The Conasauga has more than 70 different species of fish and is the most biodiverse river basin in the world!
4. Catch a flick at the drive-in – Go back in time at the Starlight Drive-in. Grab the kids, some popcorn, a cooler full of food and have fun.
5. Booth Western Art Museum – It’s art – cowboy style! A variety of permanent and temporary exhibits fill the museum. There’s also Sagebrush Ranch, an indoor playground with a stagecoach, horse, chuckwagon and more.
6. Southeastern Railway Museum – This is your chance to experience trains of all kinds and sizes. And it’s almost all hands-on! Kids can climb, touch and explore a variety of trains.
7. Doll Heads Trail – Yep, it’s a trail with doll heads, and it’s also art. There’s lots of “found art” that kids may find freakishly cool.